Friday, February 13, 2015

Heia Safari

My cousin, Alina, arrived on the 5th February 2015 from Germany to visit us. On the Sunday my son, Jason, my sister's Rita and Angie, Alina and myself went to Heia Safari here in our area for a buffet lunch and after lunch we went walking around on the grounds of Heia Safari. It is such a beautiful place and they have some Zebra, Impala, Giraffe and Wildebeest roaming around. So we set off in the mid-day heat to see if we could find the animals and get some pictures taken. What is a visit to South Africa without seeing the animals? It was a scorching hot day!! We trekked around for what felt like forever before we finally found about three Zebra's. Finally after our escapade around the grounds we were so hot and so desperate for some shade that we just fell onto the lawn of the very first chalet. After cooling down a bit we then went back to the pool at the restaurant for a cold drink and had just sat down when next a whole bunch of Zebra came to drink from the pool!! We had such a good laugh - if only we had known they come to the pool! Below are some pics.


The view from the restaurant.

Impala.

My son, Jason with a bunch of Impala.

Alina and two Zebra's in the background.

Alina at the Dam Bar.

My eldest sister, Rita.

My sister, Angie and Alina.






A chocolate brown Impala. First time ever I've seen one this colour!

Alina and Giraffe in the back. These fotos are not too great. I'm using an old cell phone as mine broke.

Cooling down in the shade!

The chalets, but we did not book in as we only went for the day.

The Zebra's drinking from the pool.

What a beautiful face! He came right up to me.

Just a panaramic shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment