Friday, February 6, 2015

Starry Starry Night

What an awesome evening! The night sky littered with bright stars. A blissfully warm evening with a gentle breeze rustling through the trees. The crickets chirping from different corners of the earth. I stare up at the stars and immediately I think of the saying "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, make this wish I wish tonight"...The night is so quiet. I sit on my freshly mown lawn and just take it all in. The moon already waning towards a new moon, shrinking smaller and smaller every night. Strange how you look at the night sky and there is just so much of it, an ocean of blackness with no shore, filled with small flecks of bright lights, almost the opposite to a blue sea with white horses. A never ending nothing, that vast cosmic ocean, endlessly deep in every direction. The mystical Zodiac, infinite and eternal. The constant North star, one of man’s most dependable guides. That same North star will be waiting for us there when we are old and have experienced a lifetime of joys and regrets. That fact makes me feel like one of God’s most insignificant creatures. Have you ever stood under a star...and felt the earth move under your feet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment