Thursday, September 21, 2017

Time Away

Sometimes I just need to get away from it all. The blinking cursor on my Excel spreadsheet, the four walls of my home, the same routine...routine can be beautiful, but only for as long as you can stand it. Then there are the same old thoughts that race through my mind. The questions...the what if's and ofcourse the why's!

Living in an Urban jungle is wonderful, but every so often I feel trapped by its concrete expanse. I feel towered over by familiar buildings, and that itch in my leg begs me to run wild, and I hear the African bush calling again.

There is always this tremendous longing in my heart to be lost, to be someplace else, to be far away from all this...There are some days when no matter what I say or do, it feels like I'm far away in another country and whoever is doing the translating has had far too much to drink!

Can I see Monday on the horison...absolutely...getting closer and closer just like a full moon rising! I need to go clear my head...


No comments:

Post a Comment